Preparing your Home to Sell
A comprehensive plan of what needs to be done to your home will be completed in our initial consultation. Many items can be looked after at this time.
I pay close attention to the details; enhance the home’s positives, create flow between rooms, suggest furniture placement and/or storage or rental, target the market for your home and decorate accordingly, suggest paint colors, re-arrange art, and assess the homes current state.
I create a “to do” list and strategies to cope with the clutter of everyday life.
Home Staging Walk-through Checklist
- Lighting, day and evening, light bulbs
- Traffic flow areas, clear of clutter
- Measure to determine a better way to arrange furniture
- Accessory groupings changed or moved
- Art changed, moved or re-hung
- Remove religious artifacts, diplomas and most personal photos
- Cleaning list…every thing should sparkle!!!
- Repair list….
- Window coverings, improvements and changes
- Style bookcases, open shelves, china cabinets
- De-clutter closets and cupboards
- Store personal valuable items
- One basket of toys per child, or alternative idea
- New towels, bedding accessories needed?
- Cabinet hardware replaced?
- Odors? Litter boxes? Garbage disposal
- Focal point for each room
- Repainting walls, ceiling, trims? Color chips.
- Curb appeal, front door and mail box focal point…clean, decluttered.
- Toys, bikes, shovel,s etc. moved to shed…shed and garage clean
- New welcome mat
- Replace old #’s and mailbox if rusty or too out of date